The 7D Driver plays an important role in the transportation of special needs students to and from school. The transportation of these children is done in either a mini-van or larger passenger van. In addition to having safe-driving skills, you must be able to interact effectively with special needs children of various ages and needs. 7D Drivers play an important part in the transportation of special needs children, as they are the first and last contact for these students each day.
As a 7D Driver you will be responsible for picking up and dropping off students on a defined route. You must be able to navigate though heavy traffic and remain alert at all times in order to prevent accidents. 7D Drivers are also responsible for maintaining order and enforcing the school system’s rules for student conduct.
- Must posses a Massachusetts Class D drivers license with a 7D School Pupil transport certificate
- Must be 21 years of age and held a driver’s license for three (3) consecutive years
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, fingerprinting and pre-employment drug screen
- Clear driving record
- Be available to work a split shift early morning hours between 6 -9:30 am and afternoon hours between 1:00 and 5:00 pm.
- Be able to speak and understand English, bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you do not possess a 7D School Pupil Transport certificate NRT Bus offers classes to assist in studying to take the written exam and will provide you with an appointment to get your required physical completed before you take the exam.