School bus drivers are an important part of the school community, as they are the first and last contact for students each day.
You must be able to navigate the bus through heavy traffic and must remain alert at all times in order to prevent accidents. Drivers are also responsible for maintaining order and enforcing the company’s rules for student conduct.
- CDL license with school bus and passenger endorsements. If you do not currently have a CDL license with school bus and passenger endorsements, NRT Bus, Inc. offers a training program to assist you in obtaining a CDL “B” license. Training is provided at no cost to applicant contingent upon a 9 month work agreement. For additional questions — please contact Kristin Binette, Safety and Training Manager at 978-681-4100 x-5189.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check , fingerprinting and DOT drug screen.
- Current driving record must be provided.
- Ability to obtain a current DOT Medical Card
- Ability to obtain a DPU school bus certificate.
- Be available to work a split shift early morning hours between 6:00am–9:30am and afternoon hours between 1:00pm–5:00pm Monday–Friday.
- Must be able to speak and understand English, bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.